Tenants Information – amended as per Tenant Fees Act 1st June 2019
Making an Appointment
Once you have found a suitable property that you wish to view, please contact our office to arrange an appointment. All viewings are conducted by a professional member of staff who can arrange to either meet you at the property or at our office.
Minimum Rental Period
The minimum rental period is six months.
Once you have decided on a property, you will be asked to pay a Holding Deposit equivalent to 1 week’s rent, this will be held and offset against your first month’s rent.
We need to take up the relevant references prior to completing your Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.
They consist of: Bank reference, Employers reference (or accountant details if Self Employed), current or previous Landlord and a credit check.
We will also require proof of your identity in the form of a current passport. If you are not a citizen of the European Economic Union, we will require proof of your permission to reside in the UK for the term of your proposed tenancy.
You will be emailed a copy of the Government’s ‘How To Rent Guide’ and Tenant Fees Act booklet.
Please note that the holding deposit will be retained by us if you withdraw from the tenancy application, or provide materially significant false or misleading information to us or fail the Right to Rent check or fail to sign your Tenancy Agreement
Before the commencement of the tenancy, you will be required to make the following payments which must be made by: BANK TRANSER, BUILDING SOCIETY CHEQUE OR CASH
- The first month’s rent in advance in cleared funds
- The equivalent to five (5) weeks rent as a deposit held by an approved government approved system (Deposit Protection Service www.dataprotection.com)
- Ingoing Inventory will be prepared.
- Please note that deposits or apportions thereof will be repaid within 4 weeks of the end of the tenancy to the original payee.
- The deposit cannot be set against any rent payments due.
- All tenancies are subject to contract, satisfactory references and the Landlords final approval.
- Pets may be considered at some properties and the Landlord may ask for a higher rent if they agree. Please ask us for details on a specific property.
All properties are exclusive of Council Tax, Utilities – water, electricity, gas and telephone bills (unless otherwise stated).
Please note – all tenancies are subject to a Credit Reference and the Landlord’s final approval.
Should you decide not to proceed with the proposed tenancy or the responses we receive are unsuitable, the deposit will not be refunded
If, however, the Landlord decides not to proceed, Fees will be refunded in full.
During your tenancy, we will charge you a fee if:
- There is a change of tenant details if you are sharing – £50
- Variation of contract (£50 for each change)
- You lose your property key or security device – £50
- Your rent is late (3% over Lloyds bank base rate)