Find Only Service
- Prepare particulars of the property for marketing and advertise in local newspapers (as necessary), website and window displays in our offices
- Apply for and obtain relevant personal and financial references in connection with each tenant party to the agreement and guarantor as applicable
- Option: Prepare all necessary tenancy agreements and relevant notices and co-ordinate the signing of the same, arrange and co-ordinate the tenants occupation and vacation of the property – fee chargeable
- Collect one months rent in advance, together with a deposit, in respect of dilapidations and non-performance of the Tenants obligations
- Erect, at the company’s expenses and discretion, a “To Let” marketing board and a “Let By” marketing board when let
- Account to the landlord and transfer the first month’s rent and deposit less our fee/s for each months rent for the term of the tenancy. Minimum fee is £450 per six-month tenancy
- Tenancy Renewals: £50 for 6 months or 12 months renewal
- Energy Performance Certificate: As at October 2008 it is a legal requirement for all rental properties to have a current Energy Performance Certificate. As your agent, we are required to advise you of this EU legislation and can arrange for your property to be assessed and certified by a local firm of Surveyors – price on application
Rent Collection Service
In addition to the Find Only services we will also:
- Arrange a full written Inventory of the property, check through with the tenant and obtain their signature – prices on application, dependent on property size
- A deposit to the value of 5 weeks rent is held, based on against dilapidations. In accordance with government requirement as at 6th April 2007 said deposit will be registered with a government accredited agency
- Make arrangements for the demand of the monthly rent due for the property
- Upon receipt, pay the same over to you or your nominated Bank or Building Society account, less our fees
- Prepare monthly statements
- Allowing time for cheque/payment clearance, we will normally account to you within ten working days of the rent-received date
- Energy Performance Certificate: As at October 2008 it is a legal requirement for all rental properties to have a current Energy Performance Certificate. As your agent, we are required to advise you of this EU legislation and can arrange for your property to be assessed and certified by a local firm of Surveyors at a fee to be obtained on application
- Provide property inspection visits whilst tenant is in occupation,. Copies of the report can be sent to you with your statements
- Advise utility companies of in-going tenants and relevant meter readings
- Arrange for appropriate tradesmen to effect necessary repairs and decoration to a maximum cost of £250 for repairs. In excess of this amount, we will obtain your approval first, except in cases of emergency
- Tenancy Renewals. Should both parties wish to renew the tenancy, a charge of £50 for either 6 months or 12 months will be incurred for documentation
Additional charges payable to the Agent:
- *Ingoing Full Inventory of the property – out going Inventory to be charged to the Tenant. Fees depend on size of property c £100-150
- Additional property visits during the tenancy (at the Landlords request) £50 per visit.
- Legal costs and expenses (if necessary)
- If a Tenant is found for the property, suitable references received and the Landlord does not proceed, then a fee of £250 is payable to the Agent.
In addition to the full management service, we can offer to guarantee your rental payments. Should your tenant default during the tenancy period, the policy will maintain payments to you until such time as the matter is resolved. We will then use our best endeavours to find replacement tenants. The policy is provided by one of the leading insurance companies and we can provide a quotation as required.
Let’s Rent reserve the right to replace tenants (after default and eviction) for either the balance of term or a new term (subject to the Landlords permission for extension of term) in order to cover rental payments.